I’ve been in the habit of reading the Moravian Text for daily devotions over the last six months or so. I’ve found the reading a refreshingly simple approach to digesting the scripture. The structure is an Old Testament reading, a Psalm and a New Testament reading. The website link also includes doctrinal scripture verse and a prayer for the day. Because this bible reading plan has been incredibly impactful on my hearing from the Lord I am strongly encouraging Sanctuary attenders to join with me in 2015.
- Have the Moravian Text emailed to your inbox – Subscribe HERE
- Purchase the Moravian Text for your kindle – Buy from Amazon.com HERE
- Download the monthly reading from the SCC website HERE
After I read the text I use the S.O.A.P. method of reflection to journal my thoughts. S = Scripture that sticks out to me. O = a simple observation of the text making note of details whether big or small. A = Application for my daily living. P = Prayer to close my devotional time. Visit my blog richardwestley.com for an example of how I am doing the S.O.A.P. method of journaling. It’s so easy, that I’m encouraging Carter (age 10) and Campbell (age 9) to do this as well by reading daily and journaling a minimum of twice a week.
To recap the steps…
- Read the daily scriptures from the Moravian Text
- Process what you read using the S.O.A.P. method
- Share one thought to SCC Facebook or SCC Twitter using #SCCDAILY2015
- Read Pastor Rich’s daily thought at www.richardwestley.com
Let’s go! #SCCDaily2015